Current Job Openings
Counter Sales Associate
The Counter Sales Associate is an integral member of our branch sales team and will be responsible for helping our customers find the parts and equipment they need with prompt, friendly, and professional service. A candidate for this position must possess the ability and desire to learn industry products and services and effectively engage customers in conversation to understand their needs and confidently offer reliable solutions. This position requires an individual that works well in a team environment to build positive relationships with repeat customers. This position would report directly to the Branch Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Customer Service Results and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming telephone calls and greets customers who walk into the store. Handle multiple customers and customer requests simultaneously while maintaining a friendly and professional manner.
- Assists customers in making product selections by asking questions and actively listening to identify customer needs.
- Assist with product troubleshooting and answering technical questions.
- Identify alternate or substitute products to meet customer needs.
- Research and source products for customers using a variety of tools, including a point-of-sale computer system, catalogs, websites, and industry and store contacts.
- Enter sales orders into a point-of-sale computer system for invoicing or cash payments. Process customer returns and warranties following company guidelines.
- Follow up promptly on all customer requests for information, quotes, alternative parts, and delivery dates. Proactively communicates with customers about any expected delays or issues with their orders.
- Develop good working relationships and rapport with customers. Greets regular customers by name.
- Maintain the highest standards in cleanliness and appearance of the showroom through stocking shelves, housekeeping, creating displays, etc.
- Resolve customer complaints and disputes in a timely, professional manner that balances customer requests with business needs.
- Follows company pricing and credit guidelines
- Sales Results and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and issue sales quotes following company guidelines. Follow up on quotes to secure sales.
- Educate customers/prospects regarding the variety of products available for sale and the benefits of shopping with Economic Electric Motors.
- Increase customer satisfaction and store profitability by proactively recommending additional items a customer might need and promotions that might interest them.
- Uncover and communicate sales lead information to outside sales staff and management.
- Promote sale, discounted, and obsolete inventory to customers in order to maintain proper inventory levels. Communicate unexpected increases or decreases in product demand and inventory to purchasing or management.
- General Results Responsibilities:
- Maintain knowledge of new and existing products and inventory by participating in training, and seeking knowledge from experienced staff members and factory reps.
- Assist in receiving, shipping, and general warehouse duties.
- Maintain organized and orderly appropriate records.
- Complete all transactions and necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Economic Electric Motors believes that each employee’s contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, it is expected that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Qualifications and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Education and Experience:
- Required: High School Diploma or G.E.D and minimum of two years related experience and/or training in the HVAC/R industry; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred: The above plus 2 years experience as a Sales and Service Associate in the HVAC/R or similar industry.
- Job-Specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to provide consistent, professional customer service.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain focus while prioritizing the needs of several customers at once.
- Problem-solving skills: listening to, interpreting, and meeting the needs of others; diagnosing and rectifying problems.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective sales strategies and techniques.
- Skill in building long-term customer relationships.
- Ability to maintain a positive and friendly demeanor.
- General knowledge of HVACR products, concepts, and the industry as a whole.
- Skill in proactively communicating (both verbal and written) to establish mutual respect and understanding.
- Math skills, including the ability to: add, subtract, multiply, divide; and calculate margins, discounts, and percentages.
- Skill in using point-of-sale computer systems to locate information and process transactions.
- Skill in using web-based tools to research products and information.
- Ability to work productively in teams with a wide range of people.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to follow written instructions and documented procedures.
Expected Work Behaviors:
- Keep the company’s best interest in mind when considering or addressing issues.
- Dedication to attending work and work-related functions prepared and on time.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance.
We offer superior compensation, including salary, paid vacation, holidays, room for advancement, and a friendly professional working environment.
We are an equal-opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.